- control each device by location (eg: turn on/off, with lights its possible to increase or decrease light intensity)
- setup alarm
- add or remove areas from alarm range
- program macros, routines
- program events (eg: from 5 to 10 turn off lights)
- simulate human presence at home
- use of profiles (day, night, away from home)
I took more ideas by looking at home automation solutions . SA and home automation solutions have common points, but also differ in many things, such as the connections of devices, control, and support for any device. Thinking about a possible scenario about the use of SA infrastructure, we can find immediate problems: have to program the device to send data, have to build one agent to receive and process sensor information. Another problem is the lack of an agent with many features, that is accessible by everyone.
Scenario – John mounted a light sensor on Arduino board and wants to work in SA. He needs to collect sensor data every 1 hour.
What problems John faces?
- Send data:
- Program an application to read from device and send to server.
- opportunities: make this process better/easy ? ( I’m trying to find ideas for this)
- Receive data:
- Use an agent that already exists
- build one agent
- opportunities: build an web agent with capability of : recording, motorization, establish access permissions, program events, define policies, register devices.